Categories
BLOG

saskatchewan lotto max

Saskatchewan court rules in favour of Regina couple who won Lotto Max jackpot

  • Share this item on Facebook facebook
  • Share this item via WhatsApp whatsapp
  • Share this item on Twitter twitter
  • Send this page to someone via email email
  • Share this item on Pinterest pinterest
  • Share this item on LinkedIn linkedin
  • Share this item on Reddit reddit
  • Copy article link Copy link

A Regina couple who recently won a massive Lotto Max jackpot is breathing a sigh of relief.

Scott Sinclair and his wife cashed in the winning ticket three weeks ago to win the $21 million prize.

However, they only received 90 per cent of the total amount and the remaining 10 per cent was held in trust.

That’s because a woman named Doreen Stewart filed a statement of claim alleging a man she used to work for was the real winner of the ticket and had previously promised her a cut if he ever won.

On Tuesday, a judge struck down the claim saying it lacked merit and constituted an “abuse of the process of the court.”

Jordan Hardy, the lawyer for the Sinclairs, told court there was no evidence in Stewart’s claim, saying it was based on “suspicion and suspicion alone.”

“I’m the only one telling the truth, but you know what, God knows and that’s all that matters,” Stewart said outside court. “I don’t want that filthy money.”

Stewart had alleged her former employer, Eric Leipert, was the one who originally bought the ticket.

She alleged Leipert didn’t want to pay her and gave the ticket to the Sinclairs, adding they were known to each other.

“I hope not everybody has to go through what we’ve had to do with our family and now we can actually tell our story to our families and friends,” Sinclair said.

A Regina couple who recently won a massive Lotto Max jackpot is breathing a sigh of relief.

Someone in Saskatchewan has an $800,000 Lotto Max ticket

Apr 11, 2020 4:07 PM

The 70 million dollars in Friday’s Lotto Max jackpot was not won, but someone in Saskatchewan came very close.

The Western Canada Lottery Corporation says one ticket with six of the seven numbers plus the bonus number was sold in Saskatchewan and is worth $801,281.30

The numbers were 3, 9, 10, 14, 15, 19 and 20 with the bonus number being 25.

While the WCLC will say the ticket was sold in Saskatchewan, it will not say where. What we do know is that it wasn’t sold at a retailer in either Regina or Saskatoon.

The 70 million dollars in Friday's Lotto Max jackpot was not won, but someone in Saskatchewan came very close…. ]]>